Followers

Friday, March 8, 2013

Ramblings from Week 2

As the week progressed, I found it harder to maintain focus and complete my assignments.  Spring is definitely in the air!  Yet, somewhere along the way I caught my second wind and learned a little more about action research.  After viewing the the clips from the scholar practitioners, both Dr. Chargois and Dr. Lewis imparted beneficial information for successfully conducting action research.  According to Dr. Timothy Chargois, embracing data-driven tools and using them effectively can benefit both  faculty and students in a more positive way.  Furthermore, he stresses that under today’s educational accountability standards, educators and practitioners must strive for continual student progress.  Perhaps the single most important idea he shared is for educators and educational leaders to never stop learning; engaging in action research assures a knowledgeable culture.  Dr. Kirk Lewis focused on selecting a research topic that is both practical and relevant.  Research without practical application is ultimately ineffective for all involved.  Practical and relevant research will ensure continued focus, interest, and student improvement.  After this week's activities, I am ready to begin my action research!  

2 comments:

  1. I found myself struggling this week too. I'm glad you found the strength to finish up this weeks assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that would spring break in the air, it has been very difficult to stay on track. Also, this week's assignments see more convoluted than last week's. I agree that practicality and relevance is imperative in doing action research.I am hoping that I survive week 3.

    ReplyDelete